Solar Energy + Generator Set
A very common saying in our daily life is that “solar energy and generator sets are competitors”. We will show in this article that this sentence is not only erroneous, but that the two systems can act together.
Based on technologies developed by GERAFORTE and our suppliers, we are able to create an integrated system between solar panels and generator sets. This system can operate on grid (connected to the power grid) or off grid (isolated system, there is no power grid available), and has the following operation:
Fig 1: simplified working model of integration between solar energy and gensets.
- When the system needs power, the genset starts and connects to the load bar (fig. 1);
- The inverters are activated;
- The generator starts to operate with the minimum load, being able to raise it if necessary.
DIFFERENTIALS OF THE GERAFORTE SYSTEM:
- Fuel economy: in traditional systems, the control module turns off all sources and the generator set operates with the maximum load of the system. Based on our technology, the generator works by complementing the solar panels, saving diesel and increasing the life time of the machine.
- Equipment protection: GERAFORTE generator sets produce energy without voltage and frequency variations, protecting equipments sensitive to such variations.
- Power factor control: as there are no voltage and frequency variations in the energy generated by the genset, thus the power factor remains constant.
- Energy stability: GERAFORTE customers do not have concerns about blackouts or lack of energy.
- System monitoring: we developed with our suppliers a control module capable of monitoring both the generator set and the solar panels, generating complete diagnostic reports, automatic alerts, in addition to several other tools.
Want to know more? Contact us!
Click here and talk to one of our experts!